SUBSCRIBE via RSS
What is RSS?

OR SUBSCRIBE Via email:

10.20.2008

How to make Chipotle's Burrito Bol at home

Even last Saturday we went to Chipotle. It has become one of our favorite hang out. Mainly because of the Burrito bol that they serve. I love the combination of black beans and rice. It always makes me lick my finger, in this case fork. I initially thought that you require some kind of mexican ingredient for this recipe to taste good. But, it is not the case. Though the Burrito bol served by Chipotle tastes scrumptious, I prepared a homemade version of it and it came out simply yummy!

Chipotle Burrito Bol

I generally order my Burrito Bol with Vegetables,Black beans, Tomato Salsa,Sour cream, lettuce and a Tortilla chips packet. I have tried to prepare this combo at home with Rajma (Red Kidney beans). Long back I tried the Salsa with Rajma and now the Burrito Bol. Both tasted great.

To make this homemade Burrito Bol, all you need is

1 cup of Black beans/Red beans(Rajma) - I used Rajma
1 cup of rice
1/4 cup of corn (I used Frozen Corn)
1 small onion(chopped lengthwise)
1/4 cup Lettuce
1/4 cup cilantro (optional)
1/4 cup of Capsicum
1/4 cup zucchini
1 tbspn of sour cream or Yogurt
1/4 cup cheese (optional)
Salt to taste

To make salsa:
1 medium tomato
1 medium onion
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt



Chipotle Burrito Bol

How to make this Burrito Bol at home?

Cook the rice separately and mix with cilantro.

In a pan, add oil and add the onions chopped length wise and saute.

Add the capsicum, zucchini and saute.

Add salt and cook for few minutes (till the vegetables are tender).

Pressure cook the beans separately adding required salt.

To make the salsa, chop the onions and tomatoes into small pieces and add salt and pepper.

Now in a bowl, add a cup of rice, add the vegetables, corn, salsa, sour cream or yogurt, Cheese.

Mix well and top it with the lettuce.

Serve hot!

14 comments:

Been ages since I went to Chipotle. I must try this at home. Looks pretty easy and nice.

The bol is what I always pick too :) Nice one.. Looks pretty close to the Chipotle version.

burrito bowl looks very good... i like it too.. i have been there only once though.

Sangeeth!!
I love this Burrito Bol very very much..I go to Chipotle atleast once a month for this Burrito bol.. thanks for the recipe ...now i can try it at home...

Chakali

Love your presentation. My favorite too.

and did you change your layout?If yes,then it looks good .Like it better than the last one.

burrito bol looks deleciouss

Hi Sangeeth,
I too love Chipotle burrito bol. When I was at Chipotle, I didnt like the combination of rice and beans but these days it is one of my favorites.

ooh, that plate of rice and burrito bol looks so scrumptious. just ate lunch and feeling hungry again.

like you said, Naveen and I are kinda addicted to chipotle too!!! Vegetarian burrito bol is what i order usual... But never tried making it at home though. Thanx for sharing this recipe.. bookmarked!!! :)

Looks very nice.I order a nice taco salad when we go to Mexican restaurants.

Chipotle is one of our favorite joints too. We go there during the weekend and order Burriots.
Loved your Bol.

i have tasted chipotle only once. this looks yummy. with all the condiments and the salsa.

hmm..the burrito bowl looks delicious,its my favorite....last week I also made it at home and it was awesome..